Director of Quality – FAA 145 Repair Station Burbank, CA Full-Time
SUMMARY: Develop, implement and manage quality control systems designed to ensure quality workmanship, compliance with FAA, customer requirements, AS9110 and AS9120 and other auditing entities. Manages a team comprised of inspectors, equipment calibration technicians and document control specialists, to include incoming inspection and processing.
- Manage and develop personnel by setting and managing goals and monitoring interpersonal and professional demeanor, both to be in line with Company culture and goals. Will work with HR to develop goals and coach employees.
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service. Investigate and correct customer issues and complaints relating to quality.
- Supervise inspection and testing activities to ensure high productivity and high technical integrity.
- Ensuring that documentation and design controls are appropriate for organization.
- Administering document control and configuration management system.
- Prepare for and manage external audits.
- Performing internal audits.
- Addressing non-conformities from previous internal and external audits.
- Overseeing established calibration and testing program.
- Create, document and implement inspection criteria and procedures.
- Interpret quality control philosophy to key personnel within Company.
- Maintain active role on internal Continuous Improvement teams.
- Conducting a Management Review of the Quality System.
- Design, develop and implement quality control training programs.
- Assist with the Company Safety Program.
- Other duties may be assigned.
REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION OR EXPERIENCE: Minimum 7 years related experience required. Supervisory/management experience both technical and people. At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent. At least 5 years of work experience in Quality Assurance, should be combined with a demonstrated track-record of accomplishments as a Quality Assurance Manager, and with satisfying customers in technology-driven, developing companies. Experience with FAA rules, regulations, including planning and implementation is very important. Oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and superior organizational abilities. Experience with developing/documenting procedures. Use of Quality Engineering methods in inspection. Computer proficiency. Quality orientation and high attention to detail. Experience must include 5 years of technical experience to qualify as a Final Inspector for instruments and accessories.
REGIONAL GENERAL MANAGER Burbank, CA Full-TIme
Serve as the regional leader responsible for a $25 million aviation component repair and manufacturing facilities. The Regional General Manager will lead the on-going development and implementation of the strategic plan for Aerospace Aftermarket MRO, Sales and Manufacturing. The right candidate should be an impact player, with a proven track record of accomplishments, understand the business implications of decisions and display an orientation toward profitability. The incumbent will oversee the daily operations of the aviation component repair and manufacturing facilities, including repair operations, sales, customer service, quality assurance, and FAA compliance. Furthermore, will also be responsible fr the management of employee welfare, facilities maintenance and operations, generation of forecasts and business plans, capital expenses, cash flow, inventory control, and purchasing. Specifically, his duties will include the following:
- Achieve profitable Sales growth and ensures the successful implementation of aggressive profit and productivity improvement goals as they relate to the business strategy.
- Drive the Aerospace technology roadmap forward and ensure its products, repair development capabilities, processes, and practices are properly aligned to serve its’ customer base.
- Develops and maintains repair and overhaul operations business plans to include all program requirements, labor hours, cycle, and production costs.
- Responsible for establishing production and quality control standards, developing budget and cost controls, and obtaining data regarding turn-time, cost, and quality standards.
- Identifies and drives process improvement opportunities that will result in improved labor productivity and reduce overtime and no charge labor.
- Provides guidance to the development of a repair and overhaul process plan, including personnel requirements, material needs, subcontract requirements, and tooling and equipment needs.
- Ensures all established costs, quality, and delivery commitments are met.
- Determines roles and responsibilities of assigned organization and staff positions to accomplish business objectives.
- Ensures compliance with safety/environmental regulations and promotes effective company safety programs in support of a safe working environment.
Requirements: Bachelor Degree in Business Operations, Business Administration or related and five years of experience in executive level Director, General Manager or executive management-related position are required. Employer will accept the equivalent of a Bachelor degree in education and experience. Any suitable bachelor-equivalent combination of education, experience or training is acceptable as are foreign equivalent degrees. Experience must include knowledge/exposure to the MRO Maintenance Repair Overhaul Aerospace aftermarket parts industry.
Interested Applicants please send your resume and cover letter to: HR Department 5550 Granite Parkway Suite 125, Plano, TX 75024 Please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Velocity Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer